Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just a matter of time

So, it's Thursday night and I'm just a few days away from the big event -- March 31st with Warren Buffett. I've been so busy with school, recruiting, and a recently exceptional personal life, to not really have noticed the time fly by. However, here we are, just a few days away. So that I don't completely drop the ball on the organizational aspect of things, I called the bus company today and made sure that everything was set for Monday morning. My contact there, Jolene, picked up the phone in as chipper a mood as ever and assured me that everything would go off without a hitch. Based on that confirmation, I'd say that there's little else I can do except show up and enjoy the day.

To make sure that I won't make a complete arse of myself in front of Mr. Buffett, I'll be reading on the flight down and on Sunday, from a selection of books and articles that I think would be interesting to draw some questions from, here and there. I wish I could prepare more, but like I said at the start of this posting, things have been extremely busy. More importantly, the real value will be in listening as much as possible to Mr. Buffett speak. I do have one thing up my sleeve though, that came to mind recently, and hopefully I'll have the chance to ask about it, if the brief opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, among my classmates there remains some uncertainty as to how exclusive a visit this will actually be, and I have no insight into that, other than what Professor Athanassakos told me himself, which was that March 31st was our day, Ivey's day alone, to learn from Mr. Buffett, without having to share it with any other schools. We'll see if that's true, when we get there...

No comments: