Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Big News

Yesterday evening I sent out a big e-mail to all the MBA travelers on the trip, with a few action items regarding attendance at receptions, tours, and other things on and around March 31st. The biggest piece of news in the 9-point e-mail was an announcement that Ivey's Advancement department was going to heavily subsidize our travels to Omaha and back. Of course, I expected my colleagues to be happy about the news, but as with all situations involving free money, a lot of people undoubtedly wanted to know exactly how they were going to be allocated their share. I purposely didn't disclose the allocation methodology that the Professor has devised, simply to avoid getting into arguments with my fellow forensic accountants about its structure. Moreover, we're not going to be issuing reimbursements until after the trip, once everyone has submitted their qualifying travel receipts. By the end of the night, the inquiries had pretty much tailed off, but I expect another round of questions today, in class and at lunch. Argh.

On another note, I'm excited to start listening to my audio copy of The Intelligent Investor, which I bought from iTunes the other day. Besides actually reading and learning the material, I think this is one of those texts that'll get played in my car, on drives from London to Toronto and back, just to stay sharp and drive home the message. For the record, this is the first audio book that I've ever bought, so I hope the narrator helps rather than hinders the knowledge transfer process. We'll see...

No comments: